Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fun facts

I'm taking a leaf out of my cousin Amber's book and updating this to keep sort of a family record for my son so that when he is grown he will be able to look at it and learn about the early years of his life. That way I wont forget things that seem so cute now, but will no undoubtedly be forgotten later.

At 6 weeks of age, James weighs 12lbs
He loves the taste of the following things:
Bacon
Apples
Pears
Vanilla Ice Cream
Avocado (sort of)
And his own hand

His favorite thing to do with Mama is:
Sleep
Sing
Go for walks
Pull out my hair
Stare at me
Talk (or make sounds.)

His Favorite thing to do with Daddy
Smile
Stop smiling when daddy reaches for the camera
Squats (yes, they work out together lol)
Laying on Daddy's chest.

James has already started to sleep through the night. Which is a great, because that means that I get to sleep through the night as well! He is turning me into a morning person which is something I never thought I would say. We're usually up by 6:30am now.

Things James dislikes:
Bananas
Fighter Jets (The Navy does its practice flights out of the air port a mile from our apartment and they are loud)
Loosing his Bink
Not being brought into the bed with me after John goes to work
Not being talked back to when he is talking.

This kid is such a joy and so funny. Some of the simplest things make me laugh. Like the fact that when he farts when he is half asleep, it scares him awake and makes him cry. I know I shouldnt laugh, but its the funniest thing in the world!

No comments: